When talking about SEO, how can we not talk about keywords? Keywords play an important role in optimizing the blog content for SEO. Having such content will make sure that along with the audience, your content is liked by the Search Engines as well. And here’s where keyword research comes into the picture.
Factors related to the site and on-page optimization are also crucial for SEO and you can read about the on-page SEO techniques on our blog.
Whether it’s a million dollar company or a startup, keyword research is the most sought after area when it comes to SEO. Companies at times hire freelance SEO experts and spend a great deal of money just to get the keyword research right.
In this article, I’ll show you another way around to produce targeted content with proper keyword research without spending thousands of dollars. Here is a list of best keyword research tools to help you find the right keywords.
While most of them are paid, a few of the keyword research tools are free.
Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner tool is a free and most used keyword research tool. Its integration with Google AdWords and the fact that it is free has made it very popular.
You’ve got to have an AdWords account to use this tool.
It offers all the features necessary for keyword research. You can check the stats like competition, CPC, average monthly traffic for a keyword and much more. But all these stats are for the Google search engine so you may find this feature as a limitation since you cannot see how a keyword performs with other search engines.
This can be a good tool for beginners in the early stages of your site’s SEO.
For an in-depth analysis of this tool and a guide on using it to find high paying Adsense keywords, read the related article on this blog.
Take your keyword research to the next level with this desktop software. This keyword research tool being a paid one is the most popular and most trusted tool.
The platinum version of this tool gives you an in-depth and detailed analysis of the keywords you are targeting and want to rank in your content. With this tool, you can actually find the high performing and highly paid keywords and optimize your blog post accordingly.
The competition checker lets you know how difficult it is to rank for a particular keyword.
Recommended reading : LongTailpro Review
This is the best keyword research tool I’ve ever come across. SEMRUSH has much more to offer than just keyword research. I have a great experience of finding the high performing keywords that are used by my competitors using SEMRUSH.
Yes, you can find what keywords your competitors are using with this keyword research tool. There is a detailed guide on how to use this tool on theblogtip.com. Refer the article to know about the various features of SEMRUSH and start using to up your SEO game.
- Analysis of traffic for the keyword or the URL/Domain
And many other factors that would come handy in structuring your SEO strategy.
They have a 14 day Free Trial that you could make use of in understanding the tool and then you can decide for yourself if you wanna go with it.
Recommended reading : SemRush Review
Basically, Keyword Spy is an SEO optimization tool which well serves the purpose of keyword research.
- One of its most useful features is that it lets you see your competitor’s keywords
- And create targeted campaigns
- Check the keyword rankings or positions in different geographical location
With the ever growing market, some features are at times left behind in the competition. One such example is the tracking feature of Keyword Spy which may not hold well in markets with less competition and smaller businesses.
- You can get a research account or track account subscription for $89.95 a month.
- A professional account will cost you $139.
- Agencies and companies can avail additional options of pricing.
This tool is mostly used by small companies to build a sound SEO strategy and find the right keywords to create targeted content.
Let’s see some of the tools in WordTracker.
- To begin with, let’s talk about the tool that you are here for in the first place: the Keyword Tool. This keyword tool is an easy way of finding new keyword ideas and also the relevant keywords that you can use along with the exact matching ones.
- Another crucial factor for SEO optimization is links. The Link Builder of WordTracker helps you in identifying the prospects for inbound links.
- There are times when you want to get back to the macro and look at your SEO strategy to see if any revisions are necessary. Strategizer lets you do this.
The cool features of WordTracker come from its uniqueness.
- Link Builder cannot be found in any other keyword research tool on this list.
- Similarly, the view of your SEO strategy you get with Strategizer is unique too as this kind of view cannot be found anywhere else.
I have also mentioned limitations in most of the tools that I’ve mentioned in this list. In spite of its cool and unique features, we cannot let this tool go without taking a glance at its limitations. (no matter how few they are)
Firstly the interface isn’t intuitive and doesn’t come as expected for a tool with such cool features.
Second is the number of results you’d find with WordTracker. They are fewer as compared to other keyword research tools on this list.
If you want to take it slow and pay on a monthly basis, you can go for a monthly subscription of $69 or If you are confident about using this tool for a long time, a yearly subscription of $449 is waiting for you.
I don’t think it’s a good idea to go after all the above-listed tools. What would be better is if you stick to one or two of them and get acquainted with its system.
Now get back to the drawing board and decide your SEO strategy, see which of the tools goes well with it and start your keyword research right away.