How to create a contact form in WordPress ? is a frequently asked question. It plays a great role in establishing a website in a standard position. There are many kinds of form online for a website like a contact form, report form, comment form, donation form. However, without a contact form, a website seems incomplete. In this post, I will be showing you how to create a contact form in WordPress.
What is a Contact Form ?
A form which helps the visitors to contact the admin of a service/website is called a contact form. The admin may be an individual or a company.
Why do you need to create a contact form?
You need to create a contact form for your readers comfort not for your comfort. Sometimes your readers may have some questions or suggestions about your writing or any service you offer on your website. Then they try to contact you. And if you put just a Gmail ID they will avoid it most often. It can also be used for an advertiser to communicate with you asking an advertising opportunity on your site.
How to create a Contact Form in WordPress
For the sake of creating a Form in WordPress CMS, we will use WPForms. There may be several forms in WordPress search engine. But WPForms is a trusted plugin which let you use a contact form totally free of cost. However, You will find it easy to create a form with WPForms. I am not advertising this plugin, but it is frequently used by most of WordPress CMS. The complete tutorial is given below.
Formation of contact Form :
- Firstly, all you need is to install this plugin to your CMS. From the left sidebar hover your mouse pointer on the plugin. It will give several options like the installed plugin, add new, editor. Just click on add new and you will find an option like the following image.
- Here two options are available for you. They are, uploading plugin and directly installing the plugin from the search bar. However, I used the second option. If you downloaded this plugin from an external source, just upload. Ok, now write WPForms in the search bar then click enter. It will show search results like this.
- Clicking on the plugin You will get an installing option then click on it. Then you will get an option like the following image. It happens when the installation completes. All you need to do now is to activate the plugin.
- Click on “Activate Plugin”. It will automatically install this plugin, and you can see it in the installed plugin menu. But you should go to the left sidebar of WordPress dashboard. WPForms will appear here just below of comment or email subscriber.
Installation and activation :
- Hover your mouse pointer on WPForms or click on it. Then click on ‘Add New’. You will be redirected to WPForms main screen to select what forms you like to choose.
- Click on Simple Contact Form. You are almost 60% done. However, clicking on this menu you will get an option like the following image. Keep following the next steps.
- From the above menu just drag and drop any option you like. It will automatically set to your contact form. Do you want to change the Contact form text or any box? To do this click on Field option then you will get a new option to edit your contact form.
- I clicked on the name that was set default. It gave me an opportunity to edit this name. But I didn`t change it as I must like it to appear here. However, if you wish to change click and write your desired text from the left “Name”. It will automatically change your contact form text “Name”. You may do it for every section of the contact form.
- Finishing this Process just click on Save from the top right corner of this page. And close it. You now completed the formation of your contact form.
How to set a contact form in sidebar or footer ?
- To do this go to the appearance from the left sidebar of your WP Dashboard. Then click on widgets. You will find WPForms right in the list of widgets came from installed plugins.
- Now Just click WPForms then select where you want to display the contact form of your website. This option may not be all the same as mine as it varies from theme to theme.I got this options from my theme. Don`t panic whatever theme you are using you will get sidebar and Footer option.
- If you have set several forms, you can change it from this option below.
How to set a contact form in a Page ?
- A contact form is used in the Contact us page. It makes the standard decoration of your web page. It seems that setting contact form on a page is quite difficult. But in reality, it is not.
- Seeing the above image, you might understand what I am going to tell. You need to create a new page. To do this click on Pages>Add New. Clicking on the “Add New” you will find this new page formation item. Here you get “Add Form” that is added to the page as you formed this contact form earlier. Click on “Add Form” as ‘3’ in the image.
- Clicking on Add Form you will get this window. Select your desired Form probably Contact Form from the drop-down menu. Then click on Add Form. This is not ended.
- This code seems so easy for you. But it will not work till you don`t install, activate, make a formation of this form. However, You need not think of it. Just Click Publish your page and See the results.
A contact form is a must for any website. So please make sure you have one on your site, if not just follow the easy steps I have explained above. Peace!